Ready to hire virtual assistants and manage them using communication tools? This article can help you get started with finding the right team communication tools to use in your online business. In this article, we discuss the communication tools to consider using alongside AI in your online business.
This article provides a comprehensive guide to communicating with virtual assistants. You need business communication tools because sometimes email just isn’t enough.
Here are five top team communication tools to consider for your business. These are the tools to help your virtual assistants stay connected to their tasks and your online business.
1. Slack – The Ultimate Communication Tool for Teams
Slack is a well-known and widely-used team communication tool that provides sleek and speedy messaging for individuals and groups. It allows you to create separate conversation channels for different teams, and even has a video conferencing feature for hosting meetings.
Slack also allows you to personalize your messages with emojis and memes for an element of fun. Use Slack to keep track of your open projects by integrating it with Google Drive and other add-ons.
Slack offers a free version, and their premium pricing starts at $6.67 per user per month, billed annually.
2. Microsoft Teams – The Versatile Communication Platform
Microsoft Teams is a versatile communication platform that allows team members to collaborate on serious projects and engage online chat. Teams pulls together different communication channels like chat, video, and phone into a single streamlined tool. It is especially popular among companies that use other Microsoft products.
Microsoft Teams offers a free version, and their premium pricing starts at $5 per user per month.
3. Meet – The Preferred Option for Google Workspace Users
Google Meet is ideal for communicating via video chat with your virtual assistants if you already use Google Workspace. It offers one-on-one chats and individual rooms for multiple people to communicate on the same topic.
Google Meet is free. With a Google Workspace subscription, you’ll get access to additional features, such as recording, dial-in, live streaming, and breakout rooms.
4. Zoom – The Ultimate Tool for High-Quality Video Calls and Screen Sharing
Zoom is one of the most popular video conferencing tools in the market. It offers reliable and high-quality video to help you boost your communication with your VA team. Zoom offers a range of features that enhance communication, making it an ideal tool for remote teams. These features include video conferencing for up to 50 participants, HD video and audio, and live chat.
Additionally, you can record your meetings and share transcripts, making it easy for team members who couldn’t attend the meeting to catch up on what was discussed. The screen sharing feature allows team members to share their screens, documents, and pictures during meetings, making it easier to collaborate and get work done.
Zoom offers a free version that is suitable for smaller teams. The paid version starts at $14.99 a month and offers additional features like longer meeting times and more participants.
5. Google Drive – The Free Collaboration Tool
Google Drive contains several of the most popular free collaboration tools, including Docs, Sheets, and Slides. These tools enable team-wide collaboration across paid options, but Google offers them for free. Users can edit, leave comments, make suggested changes, and chat with others in the doc, making it easy to be clear and collaborative. You can also set permissions for each file or folder, so you can control who has access to what.
Google Drive is free, making it an ideal option for teams looking for an intuitive, collaborative online workspace. With a Google Workspace subscription, you’ll get access to additional features such as extra storage space and account provisioning.
- 2023 Software Trends for Freelancers, Affiliate Marketers, and Agencies
- 7 Cost-Effective Ways to Grow Your Online Business
- Why Affiliates Need Website Visitor Tracking
Final Tips for Working With VAs
Effective communication is essential for scaling your business using virtual assistants. Since you won’t be working in the same physical location, it’s important to establish clear channels of communication and touch base regularly.
Follow these tips to communicate with your virtual assistants effectively:
- Schedule regular check-ins and be available to answer questions and provide feedback. Use the chat, video conferencing, and project management features to stay in touch and track progress.
- Set clear goals and deadlines. Be clear that your virtual assistant is working towards the same objectives as you. State your priorities and establish specific timelines for each task or project. This will help your virtual assistants prioritize their work and ensure that they meet your expectations.
- Provide feedback and recognition. Virtual assistants, like any other worker, need feedback and recognition to improve and stay motivated. Use communication tools to provide regular feedback on their work and recognize their accomplishments.
By using these communication tools to connect with your team, you can stay connected and increase productivity. Consider trying one of these tools to benefit your team and streamline your communication process.